Friday, January 10, 2020

How to make Nilupak na Cassava

Nilupak is one of the famous delicacies of Filipino which is made from Cassava. It has only four main ingredients: Cassava, Condensed Milk, Sugar, and Melted Butter.



When I was young, I would always buy a slice of nilupak whenever me and my late grandma went to palengke. It was being sold per piece or per cube.

My cousin just gave me raw cassava or kamoteng kahoy which is one of their crops. About 2 kilos of them. 

Noong una, I thought doing pichi-pichi pero wala akong niyog pa. Nagsearch ako kung ano ano ang madali at less ingredients na pwede kong gawin out of kamoteng kahoy. Surprisingly, nilupak which is one of my favorites, madali lang palang gawin. Madami lang effort.


Ingredients for Nilupak:
  • 1 kg Cassava or Kamoteng kahoy
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup Condensed Milk
  • 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
  • Cheese for toppings

Instruction:

  • Peel off the skin of cassava and wash.
  • Cut into small portion.
  • Steam of 40 minutes in medium fire or until the cassava is soft.
  • Mash the steamed cassava.
                       3 ways:
Through Fork

Through Potato Masher

Through Food Process
Or through Mortal and Pestle.

  • Add the butter, sugar and milk and combine.

  • After it was mixed and combined, put it in buttered pan, pressing down to evenly distribute.
  • Decorate a stripped-like texture using a fork. Like a traditional nilupak look.
  • Put cheese on top and cut.



And finally, serve with love! ❤❤

You can find video here: How to Make Nilupak

No comments:

Post a Comment